Sodhi –Coconut Milk Khuzhambu is very easy to prepare and it goes nicely with iddiyapam and hot rice. This is my all time favourite! This dish is suppose to be a Srilankan/Malaysian curry, but it is very famous in Tirunalvelli District. My mom had penned it for me in my recipe book(my life saver!)When I got married, since then I have been making it quite frequently.
1 cup thick Coconut milk + 2 cups thin coconut milk
2 Onions (medium sized) ,sliced
2-3 Green Chillies
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 sprig Curry leaves
3 Garlic cloves finely minced
Salt as needed
Chopped Coriander for garnishing
- Extract the coconut milk and Keep aside the milk that was extracted the first time.The 2nd & 3rd portions are kept together.
- Slice the onion,split the green chillies and chop the onions and keep aside.
- Heat the 2nd&3rd portion milk in a vessel.
- Add sliced onion,tomatoes,green chillies,garlic,curry leaves,boil it well.
- Add the turmeric powder,cover it with lid and cook till the onion and garlic becomes soft.
- Finally add the first portion of coconut milk.Stir continuously.once it started foams at the top and the salt,mix well.
- After adding salt don’t cook it and switch off the stove.
Serve hot with idiyapam or steamed rice.